Thursday, September 10, 2009

30 and counting....geography lessons.

A few weeks ago at the barber shop, I read an article about Miranda July, the performance artist/filmaker/artist-artist.  I'm a big fan.  (I have been known to site 'Me, You, and Everyone We Know' as the reason I stopped seeing a psychiatrist in New York.  After seeing it, I just felt better.)  The article was all about her exhibition '11 Heavy Things' at the Venice Biennalle.  Call it wishful thinking, call it lack of knowledge about the art world, call it 'I'm Not Smarter Than a 5th Grader', but for some reason, I had myself convinced that this exhibition was taking place in Venice, California. 

Hey, it's a very artsy community, Venice.

Imagine my disappointment when I got online to find out how to get there this Saturday. 

Maybe I'll just go to the movies instead.

No comments: